10 Reasons Why IP Network Cameras Are Superior to CCTV Cameras
- by admin
When choosing a video surveillance system, you want to go with the best video quality for the buck, and with a Network IP camera, there are 10 reasons why you should consider them over 20th century CCTV cameras.
1. End Your Interlace Issues:When you move to a Network IP camera, you get rid of the interlace problem with moving video. If you have seen a moving image with lines in it, that is interlace, where two fields make up one complete frame using interlace scanning.
With a network camera, one complete frame is used during a progressive scan, so your moving images are much clearer than with a CCTV camera.
2. Power Your Cameras Over Ethernet: When you power your cameras over your Ethernet network, you save money, and increase the reliability of your network.
You can’t power your CCTV camera over your Ethernet network, and this is beneficial because you don’t need a power outlet to power a network camera. This will save money on electricity, and lets you perform centralized backups.
All network cameras can be powered over Ethernet, whether they have built-in support, or not. If the support is not built in, you can purchase an injector/splitter, which will add the electricity to the Ethernet cable, then peel it off to power the camera.
3. Megapixel Resolution: CCTV cameras are limited in their resolution, and most can’t give you megapixel resolution. 1 megapixel is 10x the resolution of CIF, which is 352 x 240.
With a network camera, you get better resolution, making for easier identification when you review the video. No longer will you get blurry video, especially when the subject is moving.
CCTV cameras are limited to 4CIF, or 704 x 480, while IP cameras are well past to 3 megapixel, or 2048 x 1536.
4. Smart Cameras: CCTV cameras are dumb; they just send video to a DVR. A network IP camera is smart, as it offers alarm management, image enhancement, license plate and facial recognition, and is built with the latest technology, and is really a little computer with a camera lens.
This allows you to have more detailed video, which helps in identifying suspects, and you can have alarm or motion activation, and unlimited scalability.
This allows you to set up specific motion detection areas that you want to watch, within your cameras image, and if no one comes in those areas, even though they are in the field of view, it will not be recorded. Examples are a door in a hallway, or a specific part of a hallway.
5. Integrated PTZ Control:With a CCTV set-up, you need separate cables to control the PTZ feature of your camera. With a network camera, it’s all done over the network. With integrated I/O, it can trigger anything, and be triggered by anything.
This results in less labor, cabling, cost, and increased functionality and integration than with a CCTV camera system.
6. Built-in Audio: With a CCTV camera, very few have built in audio. It requires a separate cable, and a DVR that can accept an audio file. With a network camera, audio is usually built in, and is captured at the camera. You can integrate it with the video feed, or keep separate. You can also have two way audio, to and from the camera.
This allows you many possibilities like ease of installation, cost savings, synchronized audio with video, and two-way audio; duplex, half duplex, simplex.
With integrated audio, you can have remote dialog and allow gate or door access, as well as listen in on the location. This is a great way to help with surveillance scenes.
7. Your Communications Are Secure: CCTV video cameras are easy to tap into the video and replace it with a signal from another source. In the film, Mr. & Mrs. Smith, Brad Pitt changed the video in an elevator camera before it was destroyed.
With IP cameras, they require authentication, and with their encryption, you cannot tap into the signal, giving you complete privacy, secure image capture and transmission, and an evidence trail.
8. Flexible And Cost Effective Infrastructure Choices: With CCTV cameras, you have expensive coax cable, fiber, and unreliable wireless installations. The further you go from your DVR, the worse the images. When you add power or audio, it just makes things harder.
With a network camera you have an established IP address, giving you clear digital pictures with no loss of quality. You can send many streams of video from dozens of cameras at one time, giving you a single wire network that allows hundreds of simultaneous full frame video streams.
This gives you better image quality, flexibility and scalability in a lower cost to operate than traditional CCTV cameras.
9. A True Digital Solution: A network video surveillance system will give you much clearer video due to the images being digitized on the spot. With a CCTV camera, you loose image quality every time you transfer the video from the analog signal when it is digitized in the cameras Digital Signal Processor, which is then converted back to analog to run up the coax cable, which is again digitized at the DVR for recording.
With a network camera, the images are digitized once, and they stay digital with no more conversions, resulting in the clearest video you can get from a video camera.
10. The Lowest Total Cost Of Ownership: When you compare the cost per camera, and the flexibility and performance a network camera gives you, it makes sense to go with the Network IP camera.
Things to consider are the back end applications and storage costs, as well as using open-system based servers, vs. proprietary hardware like a DVR. The software that comes with the camera is usually functional enough for basic viewing, though control center software allows you to watch multiple locations at one time.
Also, you are using your current network infrastructure, which can save you money in the long run.
It’s clear that the future of video surveillance is with network cameras, let’s sum up the benefits:
- Remote accessibility
- Easy and future proof integration
- Scalability and flexibility
- Clear video with no interlacing problems
- Cost-effective • Lower installation costs
- Distributed intelligence
- Proven technology
[ad_1] When choosing a video surveillance system, you want to go with the best video quality for the buck, and with a Network IP camera, there are 10 reasons why you should consider them over 20th century CCTV cameras. 1. End Your Interlace Issues:When you move to a Network IP camera, you get rid of…
- Best What Part Of BEST NFL Dallas Cowboys, Speicla Camo Realtree Hunting 3D Hoodie
- Please buy gift BEST NFL Dallas Cowboysls Mix Grateful Dead, Personalized Name & Number Specialized Concepts Kits 3D Hoodie
- How to Order BEST NFL Dallas Cowboysls, Specialized Design I Pink I Can! Fearless Again Breast Cancer 3D Hoodie
- Limited Edition! BEST NFL Dallas Cowboysls, Specialized Design I Pink I Can! IN OCTOBER WE WEAR PINK BREAST CANCER 3D Hoodie
- Great Artwork! BEST NFL Dallas Cowboysls, Specialized Design In Classic Style With Paisley! IN OCTOBER WE WEAR PINK BREAST CANCER 3D Hoodie